Patient Identification (MPI)
The MatchMerge Patient Identification (MPI) provides the foundation for matching an individual’s medical records from different sources and merging them into a meaningful medical information profile for that person.
MPI provides two basic operations for accessing a cross-referencing index of person identifiers and identifying information (commonly known as a Master Person Index:
- Register allows a person’s identity to be known to the service;
- Query allows the index to be searched.
The user screen from the San Diego Immunization Registry (SDIR) illustrates the search operation of the MatchMerge Patient Identification :
This screen illustrates the retrieved person record. Note the top section shows the person identifier and demographics that was previously supplied by the user’s organization through a Register operation. The bottom half of the screen shows information (limited by confidentiality policy) about any linked identifiers and demographics supplied by another source.
- Sophisticated probabilistic matching algorithm
- Years of field testing on large medical databases
- Ability to tune matching to demographic characteristics of a population
- Tracks matching algorithm version and quality of the match
- Link and unlink to correct errors
- Implements IHE, HL7 and OMG standards
- Bulk rematching utility for regression testing, applying updates, and analysis of match quality
- Multiple transport layer options:
- Batch file
Health Level Seven (HL7):
Object Management Group (OMG):
- Pediatric Demographics Supplement to PIX and PDQ (PDO)
- Pediatric Demographics – Final Text (ITI TF-1)
- Patient Identifier Cross-Reference (PIX)
- Patient Demographics Query (PDQ)
- PIX and PDQ Version 3 Supplement (PIXPDQv3)